The Social Worker/Therapist is directly responsible for the provision and coordination of casework and therapeutic services for residential students placed by the Department of Education (DOE) and by County Departments of Social Services (DSS).
• Provide casework services to residents and their families
• Provide individual and family therapy to residents and families
• Coordinate and monitor multi-disciplinary service provision
• Serve as the liaison between the school and the family
• Attend IEPs/Parent-Teacher Conferences
• Coordinate Family Team Conferences for all residents
• Comply with all DSS mandates and protocols such as Home assessments/ Fasps/Court Hearings/ Incident Reporting/Permanency Planning
• Maintain communication with child care staff
• Ensure that all residents are in possession of necessary legal documents, i.e. birth certificate, social security card, NY State ID, Alien card, etc.
• Assist residents and families access social service entitlements such as social security benefits/OPWDD/OMH eligibility as per elibility criteria
• Maintain up-to-date case record documentation and reports, including progress notes, ICMPs/court reports/ Psychosocials/Treatment Plans/etc.
• Provide timely communication to DSS and School District
• Serve as third-party reviewer at FTCs
• Participate in staff meetings, multi-disciplinary meetings, and planning meetings
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Masters in Social Work or related field. Good writing skills. Good organizational skills. Computer knowledge. Clean driver’s license. Knowledge of Spanish preferred.