Exciting opportunity for a Contract Head Start Speech Therapist to work collaboratively within a Special Education atmosphere in our Bronx location.
• Schedules Speech Therapy sessions using a variety of service delivery models, including classroom intervention and pull-out sessions
• Conducts evidence-based practices which target the goals and objectives of students’ IEPs
• Administers standardized and informal tests and screenings
• Collaborates with classroom teachers on speech-language disorders and curriculum demands
• Prepares IEPs for Committee on Special Education Annual Review based on students’ strengths and weaknesses
• Maintains master caseload list with accurate mandates
• Consults with the principal, nurse, occupational therapist, school psychologists, social workers, home- guidance counselor and special educators