The Music Teacher will provide instruction and supervision within a therapeutic classroom to implement the philosophy of education as outlined in school policy. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Carrying out and maintaining all instructional aspects of a student’s IEP.
Completing progress reports and Annual Review reports for the IEPs.
Delivering classroom instructional program and adjusting based on the needs of the students.
Selecting appropriate instructional materials.
Monitoring and assessing student progress and behavior.
Maintaining a classroom environment that is conducive for instruction.
Maintaining student report cards as a means of documenting student achievement.
Maintaining student attendance records.
Utilizing therapeutic intervention techniques to de-escalate problematic student behaviors.
Maintaining contact with parents as necessary.
Assisting with daily student dismissal.
Additional related duties.
M. A. in Special Education preferred.
· All Teachers need Certification as a Special Education Teacher in NY State.
· NY State Certification in Music a must.
· Ability to work with a diverse population.
· Ability to individualize instruction in a classroom setting.
· Ability to communicate and work within a therapeutic environment.
· Certification in NY Sate restraint procedures.