PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Direct Care Worker will perform numerous childcare activities within the scope of a secure detention facility. On a daily basis the Direct Care Worker will:
I. Maintain a security mentality in the conduct of daily task/duties.
· Primary responsibility may include transporting persons supported using the facility vehicles to scheduled court appearances, clinics, facility placements in a safe and secure manner.
· Strictly adhere to all safety precautions for operating a vehicle.
· Maintain post logs and reports.
· Maintain a clean/safe/secure vehicle documenting same.
· Maintain communication with the Shift Supervisor as directed.
· Conduct effective security checks.
· Report anything that appears to be a breach or breakdown in security.
II. Carryout various assigned childcare task/duties.
· Direct and assist when necessary residents in preparation for daily activities.
· Supervise, counsel and direct residents according to Woodfield Program policy and procedures:
1. Supervise resident chores.
2. Maintain Eyes on Protocols for all resident movement.
3. Monitor residents in the classroom and recreation areas.
· Perform task/duties pursuant to facility policy and procedure.
· Prepare log entries and reports in a clear, concise comprehensible and timely manner.
· Maintain a professional image, and relationship of confidence and trust among staff and residents.
F. Observe the daily interaction of the residents among their peers.
G. Perform meal reliefs and other duties as directed by shift supervisor.
1. Monitor the tone of the resident’s conversation.
2. Prevent any acts of physical aggression by residents toward staff or residents.
3. Maintain a level of readiness and preparation to physically restrain out of control residents.
4. Willingly share program related information with staff.